Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

When it rains, it pours...

Ever have one of the times when you experience a breakthrough on one of your lines? How about breakthroughs of several lines?

Basically that's what happened for me this week....I had breakthrough on my Sherow line in two places, and in my Jeffery and Garrison lines.

I had Sherow branch into Masten through marriage, which ended up going back to Germany around 1500! All of this thanks to the work of previous researchers.

What made that breakthrough special was the realization that every male member at the time had served in the Colonial Army in the Revolutionary War, now begins the work of documenting the tree, what people that fancy themselves to be genealogists call "proof". Proof is nice but can't match the thrill of discovery.

Of course, without that proof it's only as good as another family story or tradition.

How have your breakthroughs played out?

No comments: